Artwork Submission1) Design Software
- Adobe Illustrator
- E-mail (file size 10MB or less)
- Download links such as WeTransfer, YouSendIt or DropBox.
Templates are available upon request from your Sales Representative. Please use our template to ensure proper layout and to avoid costly reworks. They are available electronically in Illustrator and /or PDF files.4) Artwork Specifications
- Outline all your text. All text should be created in Illustrator and must be converted to vector file to avoid font substitution OR please include all screen and printer fonts (Suitcase and Postscript fonts). We cannot accept finished artwork in Photoshop format. Unlike offset printing, scanned text and line arts are not acceptable. Thus, all text and line arts must be done in Illustrator format.
- Do not scan preprinted images. Make sure images is saved in CMYK mode not RGB mode.
- Make sure to include all supporting files separately, such as picture files and original files. Do not flatten layers in Photoshop.
- Images of 4-color process printing must be at a resolution of 300 dpi (175 maximum line screen).
- Please have your logo(s) created in Illustrator. Do not import your logo(s) into Photoshop unless necessary.
- PROOFREAD all the text in your artwork prior to submission. Always double check the spelling, content and layout. Please note any changes made after artwork has been submitted may delay the process and also add to the cost.
- Clear Knockout: Please indicate the CLEAR knockout as LIGHT GREY color and add some description so as to avoid misunderstanding.
- White Underlay: If any area in your artwork requires a white underlay, please create a diagram on separate layer named White Underlay.
- Foil material: Areas without white base will appear metallic
- Poly material: Areas without white base will appear clear
- Matte Finish: If any area in your artwork that needs to have matte finish, please create a diagram on a separate layer named Matte Finish.
For Food, Beverage, and Supplement Labeling requirements please visit the FDA Government Website.5) Rotogravure Printing Specifications
- East West Packaging Solutions uses rotogravure printing (up to 10 colors including white and matte finish). Please provide Pantone number for any spot color that you choose. *Please use PANTONE Solid Coated or PANTONE Solid Chips Coated.
- If you want us to match any CMYK images, please provide us with a color reference (Printout / Match-print) for us to match. *Please provide at least 2 samples.
- Please note the registration tolerance for any color on press can be up to +/- 0.75mm in any direction.
- Please note the registration tolerance for matte lacquer on press can be up to +/- 1mm in any direction.
When designing an artwork for a roll film, please follow the requirements on the machine specification provided by the Co-Packer or follow the measurements on the sample bag formed by the machine. Please kindly attach a copy of the machine spec. or include the sample bag along with your artwork.7) Kraft Paper Printing
- Only Pantone and/or spot colors can be used. CMYK colors cannot be printed on the Kraft paper material.
East West Packaging Solutions cannot guarantee the consistency of print on the Kraft paper material. Due to the varying texture and fibers, the ink may not absorb evenly onto the substrate resulting in variations in print. If the customer would like to move forward using Kraft paper, it is understood that East West Packaging Solutions will not be held liable for any dissatisfaction due to the print appearance on the bags. Please ask your sales representative if you would like to see samples of this material.
We will create the final proof for your approval. Our final proof shows the plate color break-down and pouch layout. For printing consideration, sometimes our plate designer will make minor changes to the original artworks. Changes such as:
- CMYK 4 color process to spot colors for better printing registration with the gravure press
- Changes in similar colors for plate saving consideration
- In some situations where the white texts cannot overprint the background of darker color(s), dark color outlines will be added to the white texts.
A prototype proof will be supplied to you to confirm size, style, text copy, and color(s) prior to mass production. Please review the proof against your artwork carefully to avoid costly reworks. The final products will be printed and produced according to the approved proofs.
Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid costly reworks.